Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mr. President


I find myself completely unafraid, and at ease!  I have been praying for President Obama since it became clear tonight that he would be our next National leader.  Even though we would likely disagree on almost every national, social, political, and economic issue, I comprehend the task before him is great, and I do not envy the watershed of complex issues that he will inherit. I lift Barak Obama before our Heavenly Father with the understanding that complete, perfect wisdom comes only from the Almighty.  A leader does not come to power without the appointment from the Sovereign King of Kings, and God is not caught off guard.  I would encourage all believers to pray for our nation and it's new leader instead of voicing their disappointment and anger.  Let us use our time, energy, and breath to cry out to God.  Proverbs 21:1 says, "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will."  May we believe in the promises of God, and pray for our new President!

0 comments: