Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

This year is sure to be full of change for our family. When 2009 becomes 2010 I know our lives will look a lot different than they do now. I will be on staff with e3 Partners (assuming all of my support comes in), and probably not on staff a church. I guess that's all I know will be different at this point, but changing careers is a pretty big deal...at least to me. Here are a few other things I hope will be different:

I hope to be a better follower of Christ. This road we walk is either forward or backward. There's really never a standing still. Often I find myself becoming a "less gooder version of man that I don't want to be" - James Morrison. I hope to learn how to have greater faith, character, and passion. With these, I also pray that my pride, selfishness, and fear would diminish.

I hope my Spanish will be better. I've been learning through a computer program called Rosetta Stone, which by the way is the bee's knees. I also make leap year jumps every time I visit Central and South America, and considering I will likely make 4 trips there in 2009, I should be good on this one!

I hope to be a better leader. My plan for seeing this come to fruition is to read more than I watch tv, listen more than talk, and mingle with great leaders. In addition, I would like to practice the things I read with the teams I will lead on trips.

Honorable mentions: This is likely a wild hair so to speak, but I'd like to learn how to fly a plane. I want to acquire some snakeskin boots. I hope to kill several deer. Last, but never least, shedding 20 or so pounds wouldn't hurt.

I'll check back in on these to see how I did!
blog comments powered by Disqus