Friday, January 30, 2009

A Deer Story

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to tell you all about this, but two weeks ago today I shot a deer. She was beautiful! Her name was Betsy, and she was 112 lbs. Actually, I named her Betsy. In all likely hood, she didn't have a name, or if she did it would be some kind of deer name, and thus unintelligible to humans like you and I.

I shot her right at dark, and tracked her for an hour and a half Friday night. I couldn't find her that night, and it made me sick to my stomach. Luckily it was the night that the temp went down into the teens. The next morning I got up and tracked her for another 3 1/2 hours until I found her. She was about 400 yards from where I shot her, and when we got back from Dallas, we picked her up. She graciously provided us with a lot of delicious meat. If you would like to taste Betsy, give me a call and you can come over for dinner one night. Here's me dragging her out of the woods. I got caught on the game camera. 

blog comments powered by Disqus