Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I need help!

Hey Everybody

A couple of weeks ago I came to a crossroads with blogging.  I decided that I either needed to do it, or not do it.  Posting twice a quarter is a waste of time for everyone involved.  I enjoy writing, it's a great way to keep up with people, and have people keep up with our family.  I anticipate at times blog posts could even foster some discussion and community.  So, I decided to go for it.

Anyway, I've come across a few really neat tools, and I figured I would pass them along:

The first one is a website called Site Meter.  When you upload this to your blog template it lets you know how much traffic your blog gets on a daily basis.  It also lets you know all kinds of neat information like where they are from, what website they came to yours from, etc.  Since I've started monitoring it, I have averaged about 16 visitors a day, from as far away as Jakarta, Indonesia!  It's not much, but if 16 people care enough every day to see what story I have to tell or information to share, it keeps me going.

The other tool I just started using is a comment tool called Disqus.  I tell you about it because I need your help in testing it out.  So please leave me a comment telling me something simple like where you are from, since I know anyway because of Site Meter.  Don't be a blog stalker, join in the fun.  I need your help!!
blog comments powered by Disqus