Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nostalgia

I got to thinking today about my childhood, and more specifically about the TV shows I loved as a child. I started thinking about Dukes of Hazzard, The A-Team, Thundercats, Punky Brewster, Ghost Busters, Chicago Cubs Baseball, Saved by the Bell, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Knight Rider, and ALF.  I remember one year for Christmas I got the whole cardboard town of Hazzard with all of the Hotwheels cars like the General Lee. The same year my brother Matt got all things Ghost Busters. He had a proton pack, an Ecto-1 soap dish, and a replica of the firehouse. When we played Ghost Busters I was always Peter Venkman. In Ninja Turtles I was always Michaelangelo, you know, for the nunchuks. 

This is one of those odd things that I think about from time to time. I reflect and wonder what impact these things had on making me who I am today. Occasionally I still shout "Thundercats HOOOOOOOO!" to small children and passers by on the street. Every so often I hum the Knight Rider theme, and try to figure it out on the guitar. To this day, and quite frequently, I pity the fool.
blog comments powered by Disqus