Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dreams

When did it happen? When did we quit dreaming? Are you in that place? It is such a sad state when we begin to focus life on simply existing, making it week to week. Dreams find themselves under the accumulation of memories and we cease to look forward. We refer to the "good ole days" when the best should be up around the bend. Did we give up when we were told that the dreams of our childhood were ridiculous or unattainable? Has adulthood taught us to fit in, lose all imagination, and survive? I never want to be a person who loses sight of the prizes on the path ahead. I never want the thoughts of yesterday to outnumber the aspirations of tomorrow. As I learn and grow, may it only expand my horizons, and never narrow my vision. May my heart be determined to live for more than survival. I pray we never let go of our dreams!
blog comments powered by Disqus