Thursday, December 11, 2008

Me and Holly

There are a lot of areas of my life that are not what I want them to be, but my marriage to Holly is pretty awesome. (This would be a good point to interject that the goodness of said marriage is due in large part to her awesomeness.) As with any marriage it's a two way street, but her lane is much bigger than mine. She's incredible at every aspect of being a wife. One of the reasons I feel like our marriage works is because we are interested in each others interests. Before we were married I could care less about paint colors, outdoor swing sets, back splashes, and pillow shams. I would have never flipped to HGTV or known who Carter Oosterhouse was. Likewise, she didn't care about the Chicago Cubs, and couldn't tell you the difference between a Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster. However, now I can match a ceramic tile with a formica countertop, and Holly can explain the difference in tone between a cedar and koa guitar top. This all happened because we love one another, and love to be together. The only logical thing that could have developed was that we gave attention to the interests of the other. It's one of my favorite parts of being married to Holly. She understands why I need that other guitar and I understand why she needs another pillow on the couch.
blog comments powered by Disqus