Sunday, December 7, 2008

Top Christmas Gifts of My Life

Christmas is probably my favorite Holiday. Easter means the most to me, but I love the celebration of Christmas. I think this is probably due to the fact that I LOVE to give and receive gifts. I wish I had about $100 per person to spend on me and Holly's family, but it just isn't there. Anyway, I got to thinking about the best Christmas gifts I have ever received today and I thought I would share them with all of you.

1. Jesus - Not to be cheesy or cliché, but seriously consider that Creator God became THE integral part of creation. Without His humiliation, there would be no hope. I wonder if He walked around at times reminiscing about forming the Sea of Galilee, or if He glanced up at the stars at night with a smile knowing that they would not have given light if He had not hung them there. Without a doubt, the greatest gift I have ever been given is Jesus Christ!

2. Taylor Koa T-5: Most of you will read this and have no clue what a Taylor Koa T-5 is, but for those who read this and know, you understand my glee over it. Ever since I began playing guitar, I wanted a Taylor. They are awesome guitars! In addition I've always loved the sound of Koa wood. Holly and I had talked about it, but I never thought I would get one. One night I was up at the church practicing for praise band, and Holly stopped by...with a brand new guitar. This earned her Wife of the Century Honors, and a spot under Jesus on the best Christmas gifts of my life!
3. Elvis, my first dog - I remember it like it was yesterday. Dad said we were going to pick up a Christmas present, which sent the four of us boys into an all out frenzy. We stopped off by his job to pick something up and into the back of the van he loaded a doghouse. I had been wanting a dog for a long time, and that night I realized I was gonna get my wish. We went to pick him up, and he was everything I could've hoped for. To top it off his name was Elvis, and he was perfect...except for the fact that he hated fat people. I kid you not, the dog had a great dislike for persons of excessive girth. As a matter of fact, one day he bit a fat kid walking up the street and we had to send him to be put down at the Humane Society. That part was sad, but the part about me getting him at Christmas was awesome!

Honorable Mentions - Dukes of Hazzard cardboard town, drumset, my first guitar, Rosetta Stone Latin American Spanish Levels 1 & 2, a go cart, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and several bicycles.

Anybody else get some cool stuff for Christmas in the past?     
blog comments powered by Disqus