Wednesday, December 17, 2008

To Santa or Not to Santa?

Growing up, our family never believed in Santa Claus. My parents never wanted to tell us that something was reality if it wasn't in fact real. However, Santa came to the house with gifts every year, and He was always referenced in gift givings during this most glorious time of year. Now as parents Holly and I will probably carry on the same tradition. We'll say Santa's coming even though our kids will know that there's no Santa. It was fun growing up, and I hope our kids enjoy it like we did.

I know everyone has different traditions. Any of you guys believe in Santa growing up? Were you deeply scarred when you found out that He was a sham, a fraud, a fake, a phony? I didn't know every family wasn't like ours, and I spilled the beans to my cousin James. He was devastated. I beat him up for being a crybaby. I was mean, but somehow ended up on the "nice list" every year.
blog comments powered by Disqus